Monday, March 15, 2010

Birthday Cake

Here it is, the Birthday Cake teardown! Wow, Katie had fun with this.

Here is the lovely little cake we started with. You should try making these chocolate butterflies from the Hello Cupcake book - they are really easy and cute.



So, here are the first moments with the cake. She obviously didn't appreciate the chocolate butterflies so much.



Here is what happened after that first piece made it into her mouth.




And here she is with her Happy-I-Can't-Believe-my-Parents-are-Letting-me-do-This look! We ended the day with Bath #2, of course. That was probably her favorite part.

7 comments:

Erica said...

Amazing butterfly!!! What a cute little girl- hope her day was fun. I can't believe she is 1 already- I guess that means we are right behind you. I don't know if I am ready for this!!

alison said...

That looked like fun! I love how she kept 'excavating' her cake with her fingers.

Marie said...

I've been waiting for this! I love her own little cake... I think I'm going to copy you!! I couldn't stop laughing! We can't wait for our turn at the #1 birthday party!

Jess n' Blake said...

That was really cute! I couldn't help but laugh as you and Ellie were laughing away. At least everyone a little older appreciated the butterfly!

Unknown said...

Love how she just kept reaching into it, grabbing some, and then shaking it off her hand! So funny! Love that last picture too. That is priceless!

Anonymous said...

I don't know who had more fun with this birthday cake, Katie or Eleanor. The video was precious!

Love,

Papa Payne

Jen said...

Thanks for sharing part of Katie's special day. Tutus, butterfly cake, bubble bath...it was all beautiful.