Saturday, November 17, 2007

When was the last time you...

The other day Eleanor was going upstairs and went running around the corner with her arms out like an airplane. Such a cute moment that made me stop and think... When was the last time you...
  • "flew" around a corner
  • considered a leaf or shiny rock to be a treasure
  • pushed a button just to see what would happen
  • sang at the top of your lungs
  • climbed into the middle of a rack of clothes to hide
  • skipped
  • measured yourself to see how tall you are
  • took a nap
  • asked how something works (not just to please your husband)
  • prayed to find something you lost

Just a few thoughts that made me realize what a precious gift and time childhood is. I'm so grateful for the things kids remind me to take time to do. Maybe you should look for a shiny rock yourself this week. :)

3 comments:

Erica said...

The best thing I have ever heard from Spencer was just the other day- "What color is our brain?" I loved that question, things that we don't stop to think about, but kids do.

alison said...

I'm ALWAYS praying to find something that I've lost--and I heard somewhere that you can't skip and be angry at the same time.
I have to say that it makes me smile to watch my kids play and be silly--like Colin's bucking bronco imitation.

Rochelle said...

Last night I played hide and seek, does that count. Except, they are so funny, because I'll start counting, and they will yell to me, "I'm going to hide in your room!", or "Come look in Tessa's closet!". They just love the part when they are found! Oh, the shrieks of giggles at that moment. Thank you for reminding me to count that as a blessing!