Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Above the Clouds

Flying to Utah this weekend for my youngest brother's mission farewell gave me the opportunity to relax a bit. I love flying on a cloudy day - ok it was snowy and icy too. Within minutes of takeoff you're above the clouds surrounded by sunshine and beautiful blue sky. The clouds below look like warm down comforters (especially nice since it was 17 degrees when I left). It's an incredible lesson in perspective. Just a few feet above that all-encompassing cloudy sky is this majestic view.

So, while I enjoyed the view I pondered how I can apply this lesson to my life. There are so many times when I'm in the midst of a difficulty of some kind that it seems to completely surround me. No sunny thoughts or wise perspective to be seen. Yet, if I apply this lesson in perspective I would know that better, clear, sunshiny days are just ahead. The sun is always shining just above the clouds! Look for that to appear on my wall sometime soon! And thanks for letting me share a cheesy inspirational thought for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'tis not cheesy at all....'

Blaine and Tirsa said...

Thank you for sharing. I loved that thought and perspective. That may be appearing on my wall sometime soon, too. :)