Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh, the Places You'll Go

We've been preparing ourselves for this day for awhile. It was Eleanor's 1st day of Kindergarten. I think it went pretty well. At 7:10am she bounced into our room fully dressed. After breakfast, I'm washing dishes and she says, let's go finish getting ready (still 1hr + before school starts). I say just a minute, and she says, "Well, I'll just go get started." Big role reversal here. I managed to hold her back for a couple of pictures before we headed out to school.





Eleanor with her teacher, who seems very nice. She also has about 14 friends from church in her class. She said she decided after her first day that school was going to be a blast! I'm sure it will.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

It can't possibly be time for her first day of school already! Oh, they grow up too fast.

Darling pictures as always!

Lynn said...

Love the 1st day of school pictures. I also like Eleanor's enthusiasm.

I was great to talk with her the day before the first day. You guys are blessed to have such an awesome daughter. (I realize you had a little something to do with that!!)

Papa Payne

Unknown said...

The first day of kindergarten! Courtney is sad she is the only LDS person in her class. She misses everyone! Eleanor looks so cute in that black and white photo. What a great shot!

Ashley said...

What a darling little Kindergarten! She's just so grown up.

Mom said...

I'm so glad she is excited about school. You have prepared her well! What a milestone that first day is...
The pictures are great!

Jolayne said...

So after one week, is the excitement still there?