Thursday, June 18, 2009

Top Drawer

We got a new (well, new to us) bedroom set from Gavin's parents as a result of their downsizing/modernizing. We love it - thank you so much! Anyway, as I was taking out our old nightstands and moving their contents into the new ones I realized you could learn a lot about a person from their top drawer.

Kind of like that hillarious book, Milk, Eggs, Vodka you get a snippet of information to create the story of your life. I really enjoyed Gavin's top drawer. Here is some of it's contents: Irish whistle (great for bedtime songs before kids), Strength of Youth pamphlet, sugar-free candy, a piece of the Hubble Space Telescope - yes, really, a pocket-sized laser light show, some pound coins and more of his "emergency fund" monies that will now be moved to an undisclosed location. :) Isn't he fun? So well rounded.


Mine is boring. A flashlight - always practical. A pregnancy calendar - come on girls, you all have that wheel, right? Tums - see last item. Note pad and pen, Nerds, back scratcher, and some Valentines Day coupons I meant to give Gavin last year...

So, what's in your top drawer? and what does it really say about you?

3 comments:

Mom said...

How interesting!! Mine is full of pictures of the people I love, my husband and children.... And I mean FULL!! Up to the top of the drawer! Maybe I could wallpaper my room with them....

Unknown said...

If mine says anything about me, it is that I am boring! I have chapstick, paper and pen, hair ties, the remote, and some scrapbooking magazines. Wish I had candy like you guys did, but then it would only be an empty box. :)

Ashley said...

How fun! I want to go check mine right now! :)