Thursday, February 4, 2010

Designated Snowshoer

Gavin's off on a business trip. Well, sort of. His new management team is doing an overnight snowshoeing retreat by Leadville. They get to backback everything (food, etc.) about a mile in to this cute litte cabin with no running water or electricity. Cook dinner and breakfast somehow, do those other squishy activities people do on work "retreats" and snowshoe out tomorrow. Sounds like fun! I hope someone gets a picture of him in action because I have seriously never seen him wear as many layers as he prepared for this trip. Not in 10 years of marriage. Shorts and Crocs weren't going to cut it, I suppose.

After he left, Eleanor and I had a funny conversation. She saw me writing a shopping list and said, "Are you writing Dad a poem?"

Umm, no - should I?

Then, she saw his shampoo in the shower and was really worried that he forgot it. I explained to her that he wouldn't really need it because of the lack of amenities where he was headed. She said, "Why would Daddy's boss pick a cabin like that?!"

I defended her with the teambuilding, etc, etc. reasons. But she said, "They should have picked a nicer cabin than that."

We'll post a report soon. Oh, yea... and this picture is us on our next family vacation!

1 comment:

David and Megan Virgin said...

Snow shoeing is fun! My family usually goes a few times during the winter. That's funny that Eleanor was so concerned about Gavin. She's so cute!