Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Refashion Goal

For 2010 I set a goal to do 10 refashions. That went along with my other goal to only buy 10 items of clothing - more on that later.

Here are 10 refashions for 2010...


This beauty came from a sheet - also became a dress for Eleanor and Katie.





I sent Gavin to the fabric store to buy me some black tulle. It cost him $0.19, which he had to charge on the credit card. We never carry cash.


I love these flowers - made from fabric from another old t-shirt.


I think this one is my favorite of the year. I bought this men's XXXL shirt for $2 from JCPenney, so there was lots of fabric to work with.





This was a two-fer. Bought this Sara Jessica Parker jumper from the DI couple years ago just because I liked the fabric. I cut it apart and made the skirt, then cut out some flowers from the extra fabric to use as appliques on the shirt. The lace edge also came from the jumper.


Fun reverse-applique scarf from two of Gavin's old shirts.

This was a refashion squared. I previously tried to make this into the flower-petal embellished shirt, but the fabric is so soft it curled all up in the wash. So, I took off all the flower petals and used some strips of fabric to embelish with this curlique design - taking advantage of the fact that I knew it would curl up. Like it much better.
There you have it. I don't think I have any plain t-shirts left in my closet, but it was a fun year!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so glad you posted this because i've been wondering the results of your 2010 goals! :) LOVE love love all of your creations! That skirt is amazing! Can't wait to hear what your 10 purchases were! :)

Jess n' Blake said...

Those are all pretty fun! I may have to try that this year as well...

KrisJ said...

WOW you are amazingly creative!!

Melissa said...

Seriously, Becky, I am speechless. You are sew incredibly talented (sorry, for I couldn't help myself). I love it all!

Unknown said...

All are so cute! I really LOVE what you did with the Sara Jessica Parker jumper! That is so beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

WOW!!! What a fashionista you are! So very talented! I knew you could sew...but holy moly!! What a gift you have! Loved loved loved the skirt!!