Sunday, August 7, 2011

Every Summer

We love to visit the Boulder County Fair every summer. I find it funny that my kids have no idea exactly how big these farm animals really are! I guess when you just see them driving by they seem much smaller. Maybe for that reason, the rabbits are usually their favorites.

We usually catch the horse vaulting show at the fair. This little 4 year old girl was amazing! That horse is huge too, 19 hands. Gavin wondered if they have measuring tapes in hands... Hmmm.

This sweet little cow in her princess crown was so adorable! Not sure what that was about, but every girl looks better in pink and crystals, right?

It was fun this year to have my sister's family come with us. Everything is better with friends around. Eleanor and Lilly helped each other be brave enough to go down the giant slide.
Another great year at the fair! Too bad all the walking around happened to aggravate a stress fracture in my foot that I didn't know I had. Now I'm in a boot for the rest of the summer. Ah well. Guess that's why I had to share these memories - they were hard won!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I guess you and Gavin both got the boot, heh, heh. I am really sorry about your's though--no fun!