Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Everyone Needs an Expert

If I had to pay my mom for all the consulting time she's been providing lately, I'd be deeply in debt! I know some of you think I can sew, but I'm really just a beginner compared to her impressive skills.

So, when I looked at our well-loved baby carseat and started daydreaming about recovering it, I was smart enough to realize my limitations and go begging for help. While I sewed crib bumpers and curtains (all rectangles) she took our old cover apart and remade it in a day and a half! It looks way better than it ever did brand new. Thank you, thank you!

8 comments:

Marie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! It's so cute!!!! I love it! I wonder if my mom would be willing to do the same thing for me......

Ashley said...

Love it! That little girl will be traveling in style! How nice to have such useful talent from your mother! P.S Eleanor's room is absolutely incredible! Way to go!

Corinne said...

Soooooo cute! You two could design car seat covers for a living. (Just what you've always wanted, I'm sure.)

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous, everyone will be asking for the brand name. Love it!

Kristin said...

That is such a great idea, and it turned out so cute! Thank goodness for moms.

Karl said...

ok, jealous --Jen

Mom said...

You're welcome, Becky. I enjoyed doing it for you.

Rochelle said...

The fabric is gorgeous ;) All the projects turned out amazing!