Monday, November 2, 2009

Copy Cat Fall Project

I fell in love with this skirt I found on some expensive designer site. Knew I wouldn't be buying it, so of course I thought, "I could make that!"



So, about a month's worth of stitching later... here is my version. Eleanor took this shot for me. I chose to make it on a darker wool so I can wear a cream top with it. Not sure what would match the above skirt. It was a fun time-consuming project. I "listened" to a lot of movies while making this, since I am not talented enough to embroider without looking! I was just hoping to finish this while it was still fall.

10 comments:

Krystal said...

Wow... you are amazing! A woman of many, many talents! You need to open your own boutique!

Erica said...

Amazing job!!! You have such a wonderful talent!!

Jess n' Blake said...

Very good job! I wish I were that talented.

Mom said...

Very nice, Becky! It came out great!

Ashley said...

You never cease to amaze me Becky! What a gorgeous skirt- and one of a kind! That's so cool!

Marie said...

Sheesh! You are just one big bundle of talent!!! You did a GREAT job!

Kristin said...

Beautiful! I actually really like the darker color - so pretty for fall. Nice work!

Unknown said...

I like the darker color too! It is very fall like and super pretty! Great job Becky!

Rochelle said...

It turned out great! Good choice on the heavier fabric! (and your boots are rockin' it!)

Nat said...

toilet installation, skirt embroidery, what next????