Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Eureka!

I wanted to report on an experiment we undertook since the start of the school year. I knew I would go insane if I had to answer the "What should I wear" question EVERY SINGLE MORNING before school. So, the weekend before school we pulled out all the school clothes, layed them out on Eleanor's bed in outfits (about 20) and took pictures. I printed them all off as 4x6's, added a cute cover and stuck them in one of those $1 plastic photo albums, you know the type. The outfits are organized by short and long sleeve - the other question I get every day.

To date, I would say this experiment has been pure genius! It's so cute to see her little album open to the outfit-of-choice for the day. It also helps with rotating through all her clothes and not just picking the things on top! It might not be fostering creativity - she actually asked me the other day if it was ok if she wore something that was not in the book. :) We'll try to make up for that somewhere else. Otherwise it has saved us a lot of time and frustration in the mornings.



3 comments:

Jess n' Blake said...

That's a really cute idea! Even cuter that she asked to wear something else... ;) I think I may even have to try that for myself so I wear all my clothes and get rid of what I don't wear!!

Mom said...

What a great idea! At the very least, it gives her suggestions when she doesn't want to decide! Very clever, Becky~

Ashley said...

BRILLIANT!