Sunday, November 1, 2009

Big Top Halloween

Our theme for this year... drumroll, please... was The Circus. Eleanor loved being a clown, especially the face paint. My sister-in-law connected us with this awesome Dumbo costume for Katie. Gavin pretty easily stepped into the Ringmaster Roll and I got a lot of funny stares as the Bearded Lady! My favorite part was the circus music Gavin carried around in his pocket, I think it helped us all get into character. :)



We discovered Eleanor's big clown hair would help her keep up Dad's huge top hat.


The only way to capture these cute ears is to lay her down. I'm glad it was a warm costume with our huge snowstorm this week!




We made dozens of witch hats this week for fun Halloween treats. Just Bugles, Ritz crackers and Eazy Cheese!


This doesn't do justice to the amount of snow we got this week, but I thought it was cute. We really had about 18 inches at our house!

4 comments:

Jess n' Blake said...

Super cute costumes! Looks like a fun, albeit cold, Halloween. :)

sarita said...

I love all the costumes! Yours is always the family photo I wait for with great anticipation this time of year :)

I'm so glad the Dumbo costume worked out for you guys--she is absolutely adorable with her jumbo Dumbo ears!

Marie said...

Seeing your family dressed up is always a highlight of my Halloween! Super cute!

Rochelle said...

Way cute!! It would be fun to see all the past year's costume themes in a 'Halloween montage'!