Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lasting Beauty

I wish the beauty of these lilacs would last forever. I took this picture today in a desire to create something lasting. Love the advice to do something every day that will not be undone immediately. With a little one who's just learned how to unpack the pantry and Tupperware cabinets, I really just needed to take a break from picking up.

I love lilacs. Can't imagine a yard without them. I love how the smell makes me remember playing under a big bush we had in our yard when I was about 5 and painting rocks. Thanks Mom for teaching me to appreciate these fleeting flowers by loving them so much yourself!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love lilacs too! I had a huge bush right by my swing set growing up and it brings back alot of memories. Those are beautiful pictures too Becky!

Kristin said...

So lovely! I am always compelled to take a picture anytime Ryan buys me roses - the roses only last a couple of weeks but the picture lasts forever. I love lilacs, too!

Don't you wish there was a way to capture that fresh fragrance, too?

Carli said...

So gorgeous! You are so gifted in so many ways. Thank you for sharing your talents and love of the beautiful with us.

Marie said...

Honestly, I never noticed how pretty they are until right now! Thank you.