Monday, February 21, 2011

Finally, I have Proof

A doctor's kids have broken arms, dentists' kids have cavities, and a photographer has no pictures of themselves! True, right? I tried to correct the situtation by finally finding a photographer to take our family pictures last fall. That's right - in September. And I just got these last week. Alas, I couldn't really recommend her, but I'm thrilled to finally have pictures of my family with me in them. Proof that I'm here too! Proof that I hold and love my kids (and my husband) too!

I was lucky that she gave me all the originals so I could do the editing myself. Here is my absolute favorite.






Still need to do some correcting on this one. But, hey - it's a happy family picture with everyone smiling!


So, yes, I totally understand what you go through to come get your family pictures taken. I know how thrilled your husband is to be here instead of - well anything else he could think of. But, I hope you find it all worth it to get some fabulous and memorable pictures of your family together. Proof that this moment existed - with you in it!

9 comments:

Erica said...

Oh my goodness you are so BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't believe how long it took you to get your pictures- holy cow! I would say worth the wait because they turned out so good, but really 5 months?! You know me I would have been driving there and waiting until she handed me the CD. :)

Jess n' Blake said...

Well, at least pretty people can make pretty pictures even without tons of talent behind the camera. :) Think we could get a family rate come August? ;)

sarita said...

I LOVE them! Still can't believe you just got them back, but still, I LOVE them!
We were just reminiscing with the kids about our month in Colorado the other day. Ellie is STILL in every school bus we pass by, and Uncle Gavin is the one who "always tickles us."
Miss you guys!

Jen said...

You have some beautiful proof here. Just beautiful!

Mom said...

They are wonderful pictures.... I love having YOU in them, too!

David and Megan Virgin said...

What a cute family!!!

Krystal said...

Although you are absolutely amazing behind the camera, you definitely belong in front of it too! You have such a beautiful family! Love you all!

Carli said...

Well worth the wait! Your whole family looks so fabulous! Not to mention that you are GORGEOUS! We love you guys. Thanks for sharing these. (If it is alright with you though, I will continue to use our fantastic photographer. I couldn't wait that long for the photos!)

shelly said...

Very, very cute family! I have to agree with Carli though- I think we'll stick with our own fantastic photographer and we'll pass on the one you used... ;)