Friday, February 25, 2011

Learning Real Quick

I guess she's heard the phrase enough, so Katie started saying, "Go to potty real quick." Then she goes to find the step stool and pulls down her pants to sit on it for awhile. There is still a diaper and usually a onsie present, but hey - it's a little step forward.



Love this! Here she is waddling off to the "potty."


I figured it might be time to bring in the real thing, so I got our little potty out. She's loving it!
I never considered potty-training before 2, but maybe I should capitalize on her interest at the moment. What do you think?
Oh, and forgive the camera phone pictures. I hate camera phone pictures, but it is convenient.

4 comments:

Jolayne said...

There was a lady in Dacono Discount grocery once who looked at Kristen who was two at the time and not potty trained and started to brag about how her boys had both been trained at 1 1/2. People don't want to hear that, seriously.

Misha started before she was two. It is possible. Go for it.

sarita said...

Go for it! I want to hear all about it, too! Just this week we have decided to take the plunge with Maddie...we bought the beloved Dora Guitar she chose as her grand prize (it's sitting on top of the fridge and she spends hours each day looking at it, longingly...), we stocked up on girlie training pants, and now I just have to be brave enough to put her in them! So far we have 4 straight days with no stinky diapers, so if we can get 3 more, I am going to go for it. I should really write my own blog post instead of taking up all of your comments space!

I had a friend who swears she can potty train any kid who's at least 20 months old. Capitalize on the interest! Good luck to the both of us, and keep us posted!

Kristin said...

Go for it! But, don't be afraid to drop it if she loses interest quickly.

And you know that quote about how the best camera is the one with you? It's true. :)

alison said...

If she's excited about it, take advantage of it. :)