Monday, May 2, 2011

Great to Be Eight


Eleanor got to be baptized this weekend into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She's been looking forward to this for so long, but I think it was even better than she thought it could be. We were so fortunate to have all her Grandparents here and even her Great Grandma Payne and lucky Uncle Matthew. Lucky because he got to speak at the baptism - and did a great job. She'll have lots of wonderful memories of this experience, especially having her dad not only baptize her, but give her the baptismal interview as well. Believe me, we've been paying attention to this date for the last five years!




Katie soaked up plenty of attention this weekend too. She learned several new games on Grandma's Iphone.

The menfolk went golfing Friday and let us ladies alone to watch the Royal Wedding. We pulled out some fancy hats and had a great time! It definitely made me hungry for another trip to London.





Looks like those dimples might come from my side of the family after all! These pictures are for Matt to take and use to his advantage - I mean handsome, single guy showing his softer side with adorable nieces has got to be worth something, right!? :)

6 comments:

slingwall said...

Cute pictures. Congratulations Ellie what a great decision you made. I am glad you had all that family there. We wish we could have made it. I just have to say Gav you are looking great! Keep up the good work!!!

Jess n' Blake said...

Congrats to Eleanor! Such a big and exciting day. :) Love the pictures, hats, etc. As long as Matt has those pictures up on his phone or computer or something, he'd definitely win points with the lady folk.

Jen said...

I love that you wore hats for the wedding.

sarita said...

First of all, Congrats to Eleanor! What an important decision. I am so thankful for the example she is to my children. Isaac kept telling me how Eleanor was "getting baptismed" and I love how she told him that she felt warm and happy when she came out of the water.

Second, Gavin looks awesome! I'm so glad I finally got the picture I've been asking for! Keep up the good work Bro!

Third, Becky, you have never looked more like Katherine Heigl than you do in the picture with Katie and your hats. Seriously, almost identical, you just might be the prettier twin...

And fourth, how come we never broke out the fancy hats when I was in Colorado? I'm totally staying at your house when Prince Harry ties the knot!!

Samantha R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha R said...

What a neat weekend! Congrats to Eleanor! and I love the hats!!! Gavin looks great too!