Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Real Beauty

I get to teach a photography class to the Young Women in May. I've always wanted to show them that even supermodels and actresses are not as perfect as they look in pictures. Stop expecting something of themselves that's unattainable, right? So, to demonstrate I thought I'd show them how easy it is to manipulate someone's picture to look much better than the original. I couldn't pick on anyone else, so I thought I'd use myself as an example. After lots of fun time Photoshopping, here's the result. What do you think??


7 comments:

Marie said...

I am so glad you are doing this! Hopefully it will really show those girls to appreciate their own beauty adn stop trying to reach the unattainable... and I like the first picture of you the best!

Erica said...

Umm... I think that you need to work a little hard on me next time. You have some real skill with Photoshop. I realize that we can't all look like supermodels in real life, but in a picture I could right?

Kristin said...

Becky you already look like a supermodel in real life! :o) Have fun with the young women.

Unknown said...

I ditto what Kristin said! Your beauty to me is your smile. It is so contagious and I love that about you. What a wonderful thing to show the young women. You did a great job! Love the added earrings too! Funny!

Ashley said...

Wow- that is amazing! To tell you the truth- i like the first one of you best. It's beautiful AND looks real :) It is important that people, especially our YW, know how fake those magazine pictures really are! Way to go!

Carli said...

I would love for you to pick on me too. :) You are amazing and more than a little dangerous with photoshop!

Micaela said...

I am so glad you posted this! This is so fascinating.