Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Springtime Adventure

I took the opportunity yesterday to enjoy the gorgeous spring day and do some reconnaissance for picture spots. Eleanor and I went out to several parks in Longmont looking for pretty flowering trees and the like.

We decided to take a walk at Golden Ponds. After we got out of the car I wanted to get closer to the water to take a picture of the pelicans. We must have been a bit too close to a nest or something because some geese started chasing us and hissing. After escaping the geese we did see some cute baby geese, whose parents weren't nearly so protective!








I stopped to take these pictures and didn't notice I was standing on a red ant hill. Something starting stinging like crazy on my foot. A red ant crawled in my shoot and was biting me through my sock, which hurt like crazy for about 3 hours. There were ants all over my pant leg and shoe. I thought I brushed them all off, but one managed to find it's way under my shirt and bit me right between my shoulder blades. I'm sure people wondered what that crazy lady was fishing for under there. So, enjoy the pictures. They were hard won.





5 comments:

sarita said...

Thanks for "paying the price" for the pictures--they made me all the more excited for spring. I love this time of year!

Carli said...

Beautiful pictures. Talk about suffering for your art! :)

Marie said...

Great pictures... I will have to find out from you where Golden Ponds is. It looks very pretty.

Tirsa said...

Those pictures are stunning! You have a gift.

Jen said...

Great photos! I love fuzzy ducklings--just want to squeeze 'em!! I'm glad that you only were hissed at by the geese.