Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Memorable Day

We decided to take off for a little adventure on Memorial Day. Can't actually remember ever doing this together... without family visiting, that is. So, we headed down to Colorado Springs for the day Monday. We started at Garden of the Gods. Finally the rain gods cooperated, since we've been rained out there twice before, and it was beautiful.


After a picnic, we went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. It was fantastic! Rochelle told me before how much they like it. I think it was better than the Denver Zoo. They even have pony rides for kids! I got some of my favorite animal pictures yet.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad you had a good trip and good weather! I have wanted to go there forever, but now I REALLY want to go after seeing your beautiful pictures of it!

Kerri said...

Becky,

Ben has been trying to get us down to Colorado Springs for a long time now. If it hadn't been so rainy on Monday, we might have bumped into you. Tell me more about Garden of the Gods, please? Can you climb around on the rocks or are you just admiring the splendor from afar? Besides the pony rides, why is this zoo better than the Denver Zoo?

I hope you don't mind the onslaught of questions. =)

Have a happy day.
Carolyn Stevenson

Karl said...

That's alotta giraffes. What fun to take a day trip with the family. As always, thanks for sharing your photos.--Jen

mcojaadams said...

When I was growing up one of our favorite family vacations was spending a long weekend in Colorado Springs. We took our kids there in 2006 it was fun to stroll down memory lane. The zoo, however, was a little smelly in some areas... Glad you had a great time! Next time go to Santa's workshop! Eleanor would LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the Hippo! Who doesn't love Hippo's? I also enjoy seeing the ones with Ellie in it. We sure do miss you guys when you leave. Love Ya! Shannon