Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy, Happy Birthday



I know we've been a bit preoccupied with little Katherine lately, but there was no way we could forget Eleanor's birthday this week. She wouldn't let us! I think she casually mentioned it about 50 times, in passing, the day before. We already told her that we'd be building a swingset for her birthday present, so we didn't have anything in the way of gifts to give her that day. Still, we had a great time celebrating. Gavin took the time to meet us for a long lunch at Chuck E Cheese. She got to talk with all her grandparents and most of her aunts, uncles, and cousins too. Thanks for calling to wish her happy birthday - she loved it!
I saw this idea online for a rainbow cake and we decided to give it a try. I know you don't trust my pictures, but I swear this is unPhotoshopped. It really turned out this bright! Note to those who'd like to try this... the color intensifies when baked, so you don't need too much food coloring (the concentrated kind).

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Cool cake! I saw that online as well and I've been wanting to try it out... yours looks awesome. Hope Eleanor had a great day and that the swing set treats her well.

sarita said...

The cake is awesome! I might have to try it for Maddie's b-day. And a new swing set??? Sounds like a pretty amazing birthday.

We got your card in the mail today and I was so proud of how well Ellie is writing! Good job, Ellie Bellie!

Also, I am still looking forward to chatting with you, Becky, and hearing every detail of little Katherine's birth :). I didn't want to take you away from your birthday girl or little Katie the other night, but hopefully I'll catch you in the next week.

We can't wait to see you all at the end of the month!

KrisJ said...

Tell her Maddie says Happy Birthday!!

alison said...

Happy Birthday to Miss E!! Awesome cake--going to have to try that sometime.

Corinne said...

I love your cake. Tell Ellie happy birthday from Isa and the rest of us!

slingwall said...

We are the looser family that did not call I am really sorry about that. I have three people with strep in the house right now and I am going crazy. We will call tomorrow and wish her a happy late B-Day. Tell her I am really sorry. It has been an awesome week.

Karl said...

Happy 6th birthday Eleanor! I'm glad we have Joren's birthday coming up so that we too can try the rainbow cake. Happy new swingset too!

JoAnn said...

Sarah says "Cool cake!", I agree!