Monday, April 13, 2009

Wonder Woman

What a difference a few weeks makes! My mom flew out the day before Katherine was born. When she left today, we have a sweet little one-month old baby! We've been so spoiled to have her help for a whole month! I can't list everything she did while she was here, but here is a start:
Woke up at 7:30 am every day to get Eleanor ready for school
Made fabulous meals every night
Did lots of dishes
Laundry
Held the baby so I could take a shower occassionally
Mended a shirt or two of Gavins
Sewed a jacket for me
Sewed a dozen butterflies I've been meaning to add to Eleanor's bed (pictures soon)
Took Eleanor to church every week
Picked Eleanor up from school
Went grocery shopping
Finished about 100 Sudoku puzzles in her spare time!
Etc, etc, etc!


After she gets home she has just a few weeks to make a wedding dress and help with all the plans for my sister's wedding in six weeks! I hope you get a good vacation come June. Thanks Dad for sparing Mom for that long, I know it was tough, but we sure appreciate it.

My only complaint (can I even say that without sounding like a spoiled child?) is that I haven't lost a pound in several weeks with all that great cooking... banana cream pies, cinnamon rolls, cheesecake, etc. But hey, I've got to keep my strength up, right?

7 comments:

alison said...

I'm sure Katherine is enjoying all the yummy cooking too!!
What a blessing to have your mom for a month.

Jess said...

Yay for Wonder Mom. My turn to get her now... But I'm glad she was able to help you out so much!

Ashley said...

What a blessing! She truly is a Wonder-woman!

Karl said...

Ahhh, Mom. What a great gift. I bet she didn't mind being the baby tender for a month.

Unknown said...

What a great mom! I know there are some of us who would not want our mother's around for a month after giving birth, but it sounds like she was terrific! What a thing to be grateful for! Glad you were able to have the help that you needed.

Marie said...

Oh the wonder that is "mom". I can't help but look forward to helping my daughters with their daughters.... knowing what a HUGE difference it makes!

Mom said...

I love you, Becky...and your whole beautiful family. I wish I could have done twice as much. You taught me valuable things every day I was there, and I'm so grateful for the blessing and opportunity it was!