Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Payne Reunion Colorado


We found a spot outside Colorado Springs for this year's Payne reunion. The Triple B Ranch was a fun place. Not too removed, but it still felt like it. Here is one of the cabins we stayed in.


I have to remember to give me camera to someone else and have my picture taken occassionally. Without it there would be no proof that I was actually at the family reunion! I was just asking for Katie's sake, since the poor girl can't stand up for herself yet. :)

All the grandkids except for Katie, who was napping. They all get along so well, it is really heartwarming watching the cousins together.
Feeling like a cowgirl!

A rock-paper-scissors tournament. Natalee took out Uncle Devin! Just for the record, when something important is on the line I still got it - ask Gav about the tupperware he cleaned out this week.

The ranch had a fun little petting zoo. I think the horses were hoping for that Barbie hair...

Had a great time swimming with the kids. Here is little Isaac's frog float - love it! Even Katie got in for her first swim.
Can't get much better than roasting hot dogs over the fire...unless you're roasting bread sticks. That's my favorite! Shannon introduced us to roasting (well, slightly melting) Starbursts over the fire.


Had to make time for a family picture at Garden of the Gods. Don't worry, I'll find Grandma for the wall print, this is just a quickie.
Got up to take some early morning pictures at the Ranch.
On the way home we went up the Cog Railway to the top of Pike's Peak. It was an incredible view and even snowed on us at the top! I'd highly recommend it. Next time I'm hoping to go sans kiddos. :) All in all, it was a great three days with the family. Thanks for the happy memories!

3 comments:

sarita said...

Thanks for the pictures! I have been anxiously awaiting them ever since we got home!

It was so good to see you all---maybe we'll see you again soon over turkey???

Jess n' Blake said...

That looks like it was a great reunion and opportunity for fun pictures. :)

slingwall said...

You are amazing. Those pictures look great. I cannot wait to put up new family pictures. Matt and I look a little different than we did 2 years ago. Love you.