Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ice Castles

My father-in-law always comes through on the best local events to check out. This year he found a jewel - or, more appropriately, a crystal. An artist is creating these incredible Ice Castles at a resort in Midway, UT. He works on it all winter long adding about 10 tons of ice every night with sprinklers. They glow an incredible blue color. These are about 20 feet tall, but they'll be about 3 stories high when they're complete. I'd love to go back in March to see the masterpiece! If you're in Utah, check it out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Lovely pictures of the Ice Castles. You have a special eye for detail. Thanks for sharing these photos.

Love,

Papa Payne

sarita said...

I agree with Lynn, you have such an eye for detail! I love the picture with the three of you all bundled up--Ellie's hat and Katie's snow suit are especially adorable!

Btableman said...

Those Ice castles were really neat I have never seen any. Thank you for sharing those. Your girls are adorable as I am sure you know. I like the Photos so colorful and vivid.