Thursday, October 11, 2007

Looking for some Autumn Color

For my birthday yesterday I decided what I really wanted to do was go find some pretty fall color. For an unseasonably beautiful day (I never get to plan outdoor birthdays in October!) we took a picnic to Golden Ponds in Longmont. Being a photographer, I always assumed it was named Golden Ponds because of the color. Found out it is actually named after a person, V.V. Golden. Well, regardless of the origin, it was a beautiful, golden evening. Thankfully there wasn't too much reflection from my silver hair yet!

4 comments:

sarita said...

I love the blog! (Sorry about the brand mistake on your camera). Ryan is very upset that you've had this blog for weeks and we are just hearing about it today. The pics you took on your b-day are amazing!

Carli said...

Beautiful!! You have such a fantastic eye! Hopefully we'll have some of that beautiful autumn color when we go and take our family pictures. :)

GRP said...

Wow! Who was the photographer on that second shot! =)

Ashley said...

A very happy birthday! That pic of the lake could be sold for $1000's!!!